The other day, we decided to update the Skype Meeting invite. In order to do this you must make changes in the Skype for Business Control Panel: Dial-In Access Numbers lets you set the phone number with which users can call into the meeting. These dial-in access numbers appear in meeting invitations and on the Dial-in Conferencing Settings webpage. We could not change the Display Name. Optional, but not updating Likely Cause: Skype for Business did its job, and preserved our dial plan information during In-Place Upgrade.
When Microsoft built Skype for Business, the upgrade carried dial plan information through. It appears that our upgrade also carried the bug over! So we had an un-updated meeting invite, despite the server showing all the changes we wanted. How do we fix it? Confirmed the Meeting Configuration has the values you want.
Switch to the Dial-In Access Numbers window. Open the dial plan you have in place now. Take a screenshot of it. Click Delete to delete the dial plan. Now the server needs to refresh. The fastest way to do this is to open Management Shell and enter the following cmdlet: You can check the status with this cmdlet: Return to the Control Panel. Using the screenshot you took, re-enter the same dial plan values.
Once again, open Management Shell and enter the following cmdlet: Open one or more User accounts and confirm that your dial plan name appears for them. It may take a little longer for the meeting invite to update on all client computers. This took a while for us — long enough to grab lunch, in fact. Once the updates populated, I checked our meeting invites. All other changes appeared too. Even the rarest bug deserves reporting.
In any event, since it IS a Skype for Business issue, we must document it on the blog! If so, please comment or email what happened.